Historic Opening of Lions Municipal Golf Course

October 6, 1924, John H. Tobin, the Chairman of the Lions Club Golf Committee, sent a letter to the members of the Austin Golf & Amusement Association informing the members that the first nine holes of Lions Municipal Golf Course would open play on November 1st and that the second nine holes would open about January 1st of 1925.  The purpose of the letter was to issue membership cards with dues of $1 per month for two members of the immediate family. Read this historic letter at the following link. Notice that it was typed on a typewriter and the dues were to be sent to the Littlefield Bldg. in Austin, Texas.  Austin Municipal Golf & Amusement Association


Comments are closed.