The Harvey Penick Invitational commences this Friday at Austin Country Club and features one of the best field to date. The field features entries from 20 states and Canada and includes the following:
- 46 plus handicaps, average handicap +0.9
- 26 world-ranked amateurs
- 2 players in the world top 500 amateurs
- Players from 14 states.
- The 2011 Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana Mid-Amateur champions
- Mike McCaffrey, League City, 2011 Texas Mid Am Champion
- Joel Driver, Oklahoma City, 2011 Oklahoma Mid-Am Champion
- Patrick Christovich, New Orleans, 2011 Lousiana Mid-Am Champion
- 14 plus handicaps, average handicap 0.5
- 18 nationally-ranked players including 3 in the top 15
- Players from 10 states and Canada.
- One USGA champion (Mike Rice of Houston, 2005 U.S. Senior).
- Brady Exber
- 2011 Nevada Mid-Amateur champion
- 2011 Senior Azalea Champion in Charleston, SC
- Average handicap 2.5
- 4 nationally ranked super seniors including #3 Joe Pavoni of Kentucky
- Players from 4 states.
- Players include
- Bob Hullender of San Antonio who was runner-up in the 1994 U.S. Senior and was a Texas Amateur champion (at age 59) Texas Senior champion (3 times)
- Frank Abbott (Seattle, WA) who was runner-up in the 2003 U.S. Senior
- John Kline (San Antonio, TX) who was runner-up at the 1978 U.S. Senior.
Results will be available each day on the Harvey Penick Invitational website at www.harveypenickinvitational.com.
Information provided by the Harvey Penick Invitational Tournament Committee