The UT Men's Golf Team will take the next step in their bid to win a national championship by competing in the NCAA DI Regional Tournament in Norman Oklahoma May 17-19. This is one of six regional tournaments being held to determine the field for the national championship that will be held at The Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, California, being hosted by Southern California. That competition is May 29-June 3.
The low five teams and the low individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the finals. The field at the regional tournament in Norman Oklahoma consists of the following. Although Texas is favored to advance, their performance in the tournament will have some impact on their seeding so a solid performance in the regional tournament will help in their title bid at the national tournament.
Jimmie Austin OU Golf Club – Norman, Okla.
2. Georgia Tech [Atlantic Coast Conference]
4. Florida State
6. Saint Mary’s (Calif.) [West Coast Conference]
7. Illinois [Big Ten Conference]
8. Middle Tennessee
9. South Carolina
10. San Diego
12. Sacramento State [America Sky Men’s Golf Conference]
13. IUPUI [The Summit League]
14. Loyola-Chicago[Horizon League]